VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols. VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player that supports various audio and video formats (MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, DivX, mp3, ) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
The default interface is still a stripped down player that belies VLC’s functionality and features. Skinning can fix that quickly, but behavior can still be a bit unpredictable depending on the quality of the skin. VLC’s open-source foundation and community ensures that it evolves quickly and often, with new features and fixes released frequently
GOM Media Player is freeware video playback software developed by the South Korean company, Gretech Corp. Designed with both power and simplicity in mind, GOM Media Player is an ideal video player for both beginners and experts alike.
Aside from being the most widely used video player in South Korea, the non-Korean versions of GOM Media Player enjoy a monthly worldwide user base of over 43 million in over 200 countries, making it one of the world’s most popular video players.
GOM Media Player includes built-in support for all the most popular video formats (MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, FLV, etc), loads of advanced features (screen capture, audio capture, video playback speed control, and more), and the Codec Finder service that helps you locate missing codecs for formats that aren’t supported by default. You can even watch broken and incomplete AVI files with GOM Media Player.
RealPlayer Cloud gives you everything you need to create your own video cloud library. RealPlayer Cloud is the same video library you’ve come to know and love from Real over the last 20 years, now with advanced cloud functionality. What if you could access your videos from all of your devices (at least devices that can run Cloud)? What if you could share direct links to your videos for your friends and family to enjoy, as well as keep on top of trending videos right in the app? The Cloud app lets you do this and so much more, you can even upload videos from any of your Cloud-enabled devices directly to your account, so say goodbye to laggy USB connections to retrieve your important files for good. It’s important to note that while we like this app, it does fall short in a couple areas. The first problem with the RealPlayer app is that it’s somewhat basic when compared with other apps like DropBox or iCloud; you’ll be able to direct-share but sometimes the links don’t work and people will have to have a Realplayer account to access your content. Many users have also noted that the built-in video capture software isn’t that great – in fact most reviewers warn that it’s better to just make videos with your phone or tablet’s stock app and then manually upload the video file through the Cloud software instead for better results. Aside from being a little basic and not having the best video capture, we think that RealPlayer Cloud has a nice balance of features and lots of space for people that want to share, upload and save videos on multiple devices. Source:
Foobar2000 is an advanced audio player for the Windows platform. It is a convenient and flexible media player that can be customized to suit your specific needs and preferences.
Foobar2000 does need a fair amount of time to tweak and setup, but once you are done you can use it in just about any way you need to manage your media library.
Key Features include:
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, and SND.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture.
AIMP (Artem Izmaylov Media Player) is a free audio player for Windows. AIMP is a full-featured free music player designed with sound quality and wide, customizable functionality in mind. It works with multiple playlists immediately, allows creation of bookmarks and also has a playback queue.
- Support for large number of formats and playlists.
- Output supports: DirectSound / ASIO / WASAPI
- 18-band equalizer and built-in sound effects
- 32-bit audio processing, for the best quality
- Work with multiple playlists
- While one plays – you work with another
- Great functionality and user-friendly interface
- Creating bookmarks and playback queue
- CUE Sheets supports
- Support for plugins
- You can add new utils or extend already existing
- Multi-user mode support
- Hotkeys: Configure local and global hotkeys as you wish!
- Files search: Search files on all opened playlists
- Flexible programm options
MediaMonkey is a media management software created and developed by Ventis Media, a software company headquartered in Canada. The focus of this company is to create an advanced music distribution platform that allows the users to manage, play, and purchase multimedia content seamlessly in one platform. Aside from the official website, the users can also find the software installed with various brands of portable digital media players and set top boxes.
MediaMonkey is not just a software that allows you to organize and browse your multimedia content easily. It is also a software that allows you to purchase various multimedia content online, which has a similar functionality as iTunes. This software also supports the integration of various online music stores, which give you a wide range of choices to purchase any multimedia content, including music and video files. You can do it easily from the user interface of this software, and you can also play and manage your purchased media within the software interface as well. In a sense, this software is a good iTunes alternative for Windows that gives you the ability similar to iTunes, but with more flexibility for you.
iTunes is a free application for Mac and PC. It plays all your digital music and video. It syncs content to your iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV. And it’s an entertainment superstore that stays open 24/7.
iTunes also allows you to bless locally networked computers with Home Sharing privileges, allowing unrestricted access to their music, videos, podcasts, apps, and playlists, which can be copied between computers directly within iTunes. It’s a great feature for families or any multicomputer household, and can even be set up to transfer any new iTunes store purchases between all of your computers automatically. Of course, content added to your library using means other than the iTunes store (heaven forbid) is excluded from automatic updates, but can still be transferred manually through Home Sharing.
- iTunes U: Collections of iTunes U content appear in the Podcasts section of iTunes.
- Internet Radio: Your Internet Radio stations appear in your music library’s sidebar. Click Edit in the sidebar to show or hide Internet Radio.
- Ringtones: iOS 11 supports redownloading ringtones directly to your iOS device, without the need to use iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Books on Windows: Books on iTunes for Windows are managed in iBooks for iOS.
Windows Media Player (WMP) is a media player and media library application developed by Microsoft that is used for playing audio, video and viewing images on personal computers running the Microsoft Windows operating system, as well as on Pocket PC and Windows Mobile-based devices. Editions of Windows Media Player were also released for classic Mac OS, Mac OS Xand Solaris but development of these has since been discontinued.
In addition to being a media player, Windows Media Player includes the ability to rip music from and copy music to compact discs, burn recordable discs in Audio CD format or as data discs with playlists such as an MP3 CD, synchronize content with a digital audio player (MP3 player) or other mobile devices, and enable users to purchase or rent music from a number of online music stores.
Windows Media Player replaced an earlier application called Media Player, adding features beyond simple video or audio playback.
Daum Potplayer — a fully free, multifunction multimedia record player with built-in codecs and flexible system of tuning. PotPlayer not only has almost all the features that other advanced pleery,but also possesses alongside new, among which it is possible to select support of practically all modern videos and audio formats, high quality of reproducing, and also built-in videos, is codecs of DXVA.Daum PotPlayer is a modern and stylish design, and easy to manage settings. The program has the ability to change and assign new hotkeys,to connect DSP plug-ins, frame-accurate to take off skrinshoty videofiles,to write down a reproduced sound in the separate file, to include and disconnect visualization when playing audiofiles, to show subtitles,to change the design (skins). This record player has a great number of functions and tuning which considerably improve quality of video
- Support for all common formats, including MP3, WMA, AAC, M4A and many others.
- Extensive metadata support, allowing you to tag and categorise your collection in any way you like.
- Integration with Last.fm, allowing you to scrobble from within MusicBee!
- Integration with popular music blogs, so you can stream music and keep up to date with the latest news.
- Automatic download of album artwork, song lyrics, upcoming concert dates, similar tracks… and more!
- Create the perfect party playlist and turn your computer into a music jukebox, with beautiful built in graphics and more available from Winamp.
- Professional level features such as 5 Band Spectrum Visualizer, Smart Cross-Fade, 10 Band Equalizer, DSP Effects and support for WASAPI and ASIO.
- A loyal and ever-growing user base, meaning support, new features and plugins are always available.